Wimbart is Hiring – PR Account Manager | London, UK-based
Wimbart had a major 2016. Huge in fact. We’ve brought on board some amazing new clients this year, and hope to work with even more innovative African and emerging-market companies in 2017. We’re looking to expand our team and hire a new PR Account Manager, who wants to be part of a genuinely exciting, bold and dynamic PR agency with a global reach, that consistently achieves amazing, hard-hitting coverage for its clients.
Based in South London, you’ll be a PR Account Manager working on some truly exciting and unique start-ups and brands. You’ll be hungry for stories, ravenous for new business and quite simply stuffed with new and engaging press & content ideas.
- Excellent strategic thinker, writer and communicator.
- At least 3 years in corporate or business PR – ideally with experience and/or interest in Africa and emerging markets
- Previous experience in the African tech / start-up and business world is highly desirable, otherwise the ability to hit the ground running and get up to speed with the sector in which specialise is essential
- Strong on detail but able to assess and communicate the bigger picture and build a narrative around our clients’ individual and diverse business requirement
- Proven ability to manage clients, team members and the press with skill, judgement and flair. A great contacts book should be combined with an innate ability to broker and build new relationships, internally and externally, is absolutely critical
- Commercial acumen, managing budgets and account planning
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up and be part of small, busy but super-efficient team that consistently punches above its weight in terms of attracting new clients and securing amazing international coverage
- Develop and deliver media relations strategies for individual clients, the ability to identify and connect with their target audiences and roll out hard-hitting, impactful media relations campaigns. Essentially, to be able to confidently sell-in complex stories to journalists and to be able to tailor a media story to the agenda and style of different media outlets
- Salary dependent on experience and is negotiable for the right candidate
If you have what it takes to join Team Wimbart, contact the MD, Jessica Hope – firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter, including plenty of examples of previous awesome press wins