Wimbart is a boutique public relations company with a heavy emphasis on Africa & emerging markets. We produce hyper-targeted, relevant & meaningful media campaigns for a range of international clients.
Instinctive, forward thinking & masters of our sectors, we work across technology, start-ups, entertainment, social enterprises, entrepreneurs and consumer products, to deliver memorable press campaigns. Our capabilities stretch far beyond traditional public relations agencies; we write beautiful copy, build brands and break big news stories.
Professional, hard-hitting and always searching for the big news hook, we’ve built a reputation for placing our clients’ amazing work & achievements in some of the world’s most widely read and influential news outlets, be it broadcast, print or digital. And our impressive client list & coverage portfolio speaks volumes.
2017/18 was a busy year for us with considerable growth. We are now seeking a London-based Public Relations Intern, who is full of creative ideas and eager to contribute on a large scale. The PR intern will gain visibility into the inner workings and aspects of the public relations field, provide concrete deliverables and learn from top to bottom. When the internship is completed you will be ready to enter any PR firm. You will learn from the best, work with savvy, friendly and supportive PR professionals in a fun, fast-paced and welcoming office environment. No two days will be the same and you’ll get out from this role what you put in – and more!
- Fully support company’s PR strategy and execute it in different phases
- Create and curate engaging content
- Effectively utilize company’s social media and blogs
- Create and distribute press releases, with assistance from the Wimbart Account Managers
- Assist in administrative duties
- Build and update media lists and databases
- Perform research and market analysis activities
- A can-do attitude as well as the ability to manage several tasks at once
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of the different social networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Efficiency at MS Office
- Passion for the PR industry and its best practices
- An interest in or previous knowledge of African tech or businesses is desirable but not essential
This is a paid position for an initial three month period, where you will work from our London Bridge offices for approx 2 days per week. For students, we can be flexible around your timetable. This role is open to UK-based applicants only.
For additional details on this role or to apply, please send through your CV and any other relevant experience to email@example.com